AUSCF supports and engages in efforts that seek the following outcomes.
- Consolidate government cyber and information security authority and oversight under a single entity to better enable full government alignment.
- Achieve a “whole of nation” mobilization of cyber capabilities across military/government, industry, and academia.
- Mature military doctrine and organizations related to cyberspace.
- Reduce barriers to the sharing of information, talent, and technology among cyber sectors.
- Build and strengthen the nation’s cyberspace workforce and available talent.
AUSCF executes this support through the following actions.
- Establishment of a research institute focused on the application of cyberspace disciplines in the interest of national security.
- Key legislative engagement and education on topics of significant impact to national security in cyberspace.
- Sponsorship, planning, and execution of cross-sector information exchanges, symposiums, and action groups.
- Broad strategic communications through original content creation/publication and formal comment on emerging topics and issues.
- Strategic engagement with key entities in major national sectors to facilitate shared understanding of hot issues and coordinated responses.